The Freeport of Riga Authority manages port operation in compliance with the good governance principles, in a professional and modern manner. One of the main objectives of the Freeport of Riga Authority is to foster the economic growth of the port on the basis of the following operational principles:
- care for the environment;
- socially responsible policy;
- transparent decision-making;
- sustainable use of resources;
- establishing long-term cooperation with state and local government institutions.
By impementing good governance principle, the Freeport of Riga Authority ensures environmental sustainability and the development of social dialogue between the port and the public.