The following dues have been stipulated for vessels at the Freeport of Riga: canal dues, sanitary dues, berth dues, passenger toll and small vessel dues.
The rates of the port dues in the Port of Riga, as well as the procedure for their calculation and collection shall be determined by the Freeport of Riga Authority. The calculation of the port dues rate is based on the gross tonnage of the vessel - GT.
The procedure for calculating port dues is available to anyone, easy to understand and transparent. Information about the port dues’ amendments is announced in a timely manner on the website of the Freeport of Riga.
The Riga port dues and charges are competitive when compared to other ports in the region. The rebates on port dues can be granted to:
- shipping lines vessel depending on the number of line ship calls within one year
- cruise ships depending on the number of port calls within one year
- fishing vessels - in the amount of 50% of canal dues and berthing dues
- ships with a “Green Award Certificate” - in the amount of 5% of canal dues
- vessel that uses liquefied natural gas (LNG) as a motor fuel - in the amount of 5% of canal dues
The upper limits of tariffs for the port services are also provided in the Port Dues. These are services, which are not provided by the Freeport of Riga Authority, but by private companies - for the use of tugs and other floating craft, mooring services, firefighting services, waste and polluted water reception and drinking water supply.
The collection of port dues and service charges received at the port from shipowners is performed by the ship's agent, who further ensures settlement with service providers - the Freeport of Riga Authority, the port merchants and the Latvian Maritime Administration.
The port dues and charges at the Port of Riga are reviewed once a year and, if necessary, they can be amended, taking into account current price changes, market situation and trends.