Big Cleanup - The Freeport of Riga Authority will clean up the areas adjacent to the port, plant hedges at Kundzinsala, establish new homes for birds at Milestibas island
- Published on Monday, 24 April 2017 10:35
For the Freeport of Riga Authority the Big Cleanup will start tomorrow, on April 20, with planting trees on Kundzinsala, in the territory adjacent to the port. The employees of the Freeport of Riga Authority will continue the activities of the Big Cleanup by taking care of the territories, adjacent to the port. Together with Kundzinsala residents they will create a 270 meters long green hedge of thujas at the 12th line of Kundzinsala, that will visually demarcate Kundzinsala residential area from the port area. The work will start tomorrow at 10.00.
- Published on Friday, 21 April 2017 12:52
Today, the Freeport of Riga Board has approved Regulations of the Freeport of Riga CEO position candidate selection and evaluation competition, which include both requirements for applicants, evaluation criteria and decision-making procedures. The Freeport of Riga Board ruled that the public competition for the CEO position will be launched this year on April 21 and applicants will be able to submit their applications until May 22.
In the first quarter of the current year, the handled cargo volume at the port of Riga increased by 2.1%
- Published on Tuesday, 18 April 2017 11:57
The Freeport of Riga finished the first quarter of 2017 with a positive balance - cargo volume increased by 2.1% compared to the last year. The month of March was also successful - the handled cargo volume was by 7.9% more than in March 2016. The increase is mainly attributed to the positive performance of coal, container and timber segments.
More detailed information on the Freeport of Riga cargo turnover is available at: http://rop.lv/en/about-port/statistics.html
- The Freeport of Riga Authority announces innovation competition for students
- The State Audit Office: The Freeport of Riga Authority has implemented all recommendations, provided by the State Audit office in the framework of legality audit “The Freeport of Riga Authority’s operational compliance with legal requirements”
- Introduction of new technologies enhances competitiveness of Riga port companies in the segment of containerized cargo
- Significant progress in Krievu Sala Project implementation
- The open competition is to be organized to nominate a new Freeport of Riga CEO
- The Port of Riga starts the year with stable cargo turnover indicators
- The Freeport of Riga Authority in 2016 Improved Financial Performance
- The Port of Riga boasts new cargo handling records in December 2016
- The Canadian province of Alberta government is looking for cooperation opportunities in oil and gas product export to Europe
- “Tallink” ferries resume voyages from Riga to Stockholm on a daily basis